Monday, March 17, 2014

Saving Your Wallet, While Helping Save the Earth Tip #5


Hi all!

  I love, love, love to repurpose!  It is so gratifying to me to take something that would normally be thrown in the trash, and make good use of it.  I had one of those moments of.....Uh Oh!!!  I need a gift wrapped immediately...I have no wrapping paper....and no time to go to the store!  Luckily, being the couponer that I am, I had a Sunday paper on hand with the comics just waiting to be used for a cute wrapping job, rather then headed to an 'ole stinky land field.  This made a perfect wrap for the journal, and pretty pens I had bought.

  For the finishing touch I just cut some strips of comics and took my scissors and gently pulled (like you do with that curly ribbon) to make a cute curly bow for the top.  I remember using comics to wrap when I was young.  This took me back to my youth for a brief moment.  I think it turned out cute as can be, saved me in a pinch, saved my wallet, helped save the earth by giving it one more purpose.  Perfection!  Think I'll have to keep my comics for more future wrapping jobs. ;)

Happy Wrapping!
Jennifer

2 comments:

Susanne said...

I love that you shared this idea, Jennifer! My siblings and I have done this kind of wrapping since we were younger. How fun!

Jennifer @ Just Peachy in Dixie said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Susanne. I had fun doing it. :)

We Use Coupons