Thursday, January 5, 2012

I'm Back...With Saving Your Wallet, While Helping Save the Earth Tip #4

Hi all!

  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season!  I know my family sure did.  As you can see, I took a break from blogging to just enjoy the holidays with my sweet loved ones.  I thank those of you who have stuck with me awaiting my next post!  I hope you like what I've got for you today! :)

  Save Your Wallet, While Helping Save the Earth Tip #4!!!......

  Homemade pad for the Swiffer!  I found a great crochet pattern here at Crochet Pattern Central, just scroll down to Swiffer Cloth.  I used Peaches and Cream 100% Cotton Yarn.  I think this looks so fresh and just makes me want to swiff away.  I tried it out yesterday, and let me tell you....it works FAAABULOUUUS!!!



It got up all that dust and fur balls hiding in the corners...AHEM, I won't name any names, but.....

"Who Me??"
  Who could get mad at a face like that?  He has special "cute"titizing (oh yeah...it exists!!) power, that causes hypnotizing loving, tummy tickles, smiles, baby talk, and melts all harsh words right in their tracks!!  




  Ok, I had to pause for a moment...it seems he holds this power even in a picture!  Back to my Swiffer Cloth....it just wraps snuggly around my Swiffer like this....

   

  I plan to make a few of these, and also a couple for my wet jet one as well.  

  So, no more buying those refill pads, which means more money in my pocket, and less in the landfill.  Woo Hoo!!  

I hope you all enjoy this post!  I look forward to getting back into the swing of things in this new year and talking with you all again more often.

Wishing you all health, wealth, and happiness in the new year!!

Happy New Year!
Jennifer

6 comments:

Tracey said...

That's a terrific idea!! I look forward to more tips, too.

Sheltie Times said...

Great way to save money. I like wash and reuse options.

Monica said...

I am a new GFC follower. I love the site. I found you on a blog hop. I would love for you to follow me back please.
http://www.chunkyandmonkeymd.com

Nona said...

Hello Jennifer, great idea. Looks pretty cool. Glad you had a nice holiday with your precious ones. Blessings, Nona

Farmer M said...

OMG you should totally sell those!! I would buy them:) request black cover to hide Scotty's(dog)hair balls that gross me out!!

Rhe Christine said...

That is so cool!!! i can totally crochet, I should be able to do that!

We Use Coupons