Friday, July 8, 2011

Practice makes Progress!!

  Hi all,
  I, like most of you I'm sure, have heard most of my life that "Practice makes Perfect."  I have used this expression many times to my daughter during school, or when she's working on her crochet.  Then one day my daughter asked me, while working on her penmanship, "But, is it perfect?"  I got to thinking that it's a lot of pressure to expect perfection.  Who am I to ask for perfection?

  Like this crepe mrytle in my yard, it's not perfect.  It has this lone pink bloom amongst all the red, yet it is still beautiful!  God knows that we are not perfect.

In Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,"


  Rather than put the pressure of perfection on my daughter, I'm going to encourage just doing her best.  That's all I can ask.  


Like it says here in Colossians 3:23 "Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,"  


  My daughter was watching an episode of "19 Kids and Counting," and I heard Michelle Duggar say something that left an impression on me.  She said, "Practice makes Progress."  I LOVE this!  In striving for and achieving progress, isn't that always doing our best?  


So the new motto in our home and in the classroom is, "Practice makes Progress!"  


Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Jennifer

8 comments:

Sunray Gardens said...

Nothing is perfect you are right. I am always just so appreciative for every bloom I manage to get. :)
Cher Sunray Gardens

Thrifty Crafty Girl said...

That is a great motto! Well said!

Tracey said...

What a great little saying! I'll have to "borrow" that when my girls need some extra motivation!

Nona@gr8day2save said...

I enjoyed reading your post, it is wonderful writing, so thoughtful and interesting. I love the way you weave your thoughts from beginning to end. I really like this motto too, wish I had known it years ago.

Jennifer @ Just Peachy in Dixie said...

Sunray Gardening,
I too am very appreciative of each and every bloom. Especially since I don't have much of a green thumb! :)

Thanks for stopping in,
Jennifer

Jennifer @ Just Peachy in Dixie said...

Thrifty Crafy Girl,
Thank you, I'm glad you like it. :)

Come again soon, ;)
Jennifer

Jennifer @ Just Peachy in Dixie said...

Tracey,
Feel free to use it anytime! I know I will be using it often. :)

As always, thanks for stopping by!
Jennifer

Jennifer @ Just Peachy in Dixie said...

Nona@gr8day2save,
Thank you for the wonderful compliment! I'm so glad you enjoyed the post and the motto. I wish I had adopted this motto years ago as well. I hope you stop in again soon. :)

Have a wonderful week,
Jennifer

We Use Coupons