Tuesday, February 2, 2016

14 of 52 Weeks of Living Full!!

Hi all!

   After having a nice breakfast Sunday morning, my husband said he needed to run to the store.  While he was gone my daughter and I set in to our cleaning routine to get prepared for the upcoming week.  Not to much time had passed when my husband called and asked me to head outside that he would be pulling in shortly.  When he pulled in I was so excited to see that he had been to the home improvement store and bought the wood we needed to make a raised garden bed!  I had no idea when he mentioned this the day before that he would be ready to go full steam ahead the very next day, but…..I'm in!!!  We set to work.  We have never built anything ourselves before….ever….so this was a new experience for us.  My husband has been doing quite a few DIY projects around the house and I had no doubt that woodworking would be just another thing that he could do and do it well.  Despite some equipment issues, he made me a raised bed that I am just tickled pink with!

I think this is a perfect spot.





  I love it so much!  It's 4 X 8.  I think this will be a 
perfect size to start since gardening is also a new 
project for us.  I did grow up on a farm, but moved 
into the suburbs before I learned all the how to's of 
gardening, canning, etc.   



 We picked a spot just beyond our grass line.  This spot will get a good dose of sunshine for most of the day.





Isn't it beautiful?!



  I'll be able to walk right off my deck, go sit in the swing, that's begging to be sat in more often and watch our garden grow.  I can't wait!  Hmmm….what to plant….tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber for sure!  My husband would like potatoes, so I will definitely be adding that to the list as well.  I see gardening posts in the near future!  Yipee!!    :)




  That's all for the moment, but stay tuned for my new goal list for this month!

Have a great day!

Jennifer

No comments:

We Use Coupons