Thursday, February 11, 2016

17 of 52 Weeks of Living Full!!

Hi all!

  Just posting another thing I can check off my list.  Super Bowl Sunday Favorites is complete!

Hunting hat for me still needs to be made
Add getting completely dressed first thing back to my normal daily habits
-I have been much better about this since my last post.  Only lapsed a couple of times and found myself drinking my coffee and on the computer before getting fully showered and dressed for the day.  
Post on blog enough to get caught up on my 52 Weeks of Living Full (behind 11posts at this point)
Plan my square foot garden
Yarn still needs finishing touches with organizing

Vanquish all expired coupons from my coupon binder
Aldi price match at Walmart
-I had a nice trip to Walmart today for the sole purpose of matching the produce from the Aldi ad.  Here are the results of that trip….
-Quart size freezer bags $2.98
-1 dozen eggs $2.47
-Great value peach yogurt $1.82
-Organic Spinach $3.26 Matched Aldi at $1.99 saved $1.27
-Bananas $.68/lb. bought 2.53 lbs. = $1.72 Matched Aldi at $.29/lb bought 2.53 lbs.  = $.73 saved $.99
-Baby Carrots $1.68 Matched Aldi at $1.19 saved $.49
-4lb. Naval Oranges $3.48 Matched Aldi at $1.99 saved $1.49
-3lb Mandarins $4.47 Matched Aldi at $2.19 saved $2.28

Before: $23.19  After match $15.79  Savings of $7.40!!  Pretty good I'd say for some great produce!
Library trips to satisfy need to read/learn
-Checked out 2 books….
All New Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew 
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Eat our traditional Valentine's Day meal
Need to print out planner I won by random draw and put to use
Try homemade body wash recipe
Infamous Apron needs completing
Need to get back in the habit of weekly savings with coupons
Exercise with my daughter by learning one clogging routine
Super Bowl Sunday Favorites (make everyone's requests)
-So we all agreed on Chilli.  I made a big batch so that I could take some to work for lunches.  It's a very simple recipe.  
Brown 2 lbs. of ground beef, add 2 packs of chill mix with a little water.  In a big pot pour 2 large cans of tomato sauce, 2 small cans of diced tomatoes, add ground beef, I usually add a few more spices to taste like Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Chilli Powder, a little Cumin.  This is how I like to eat my chill…..
Crumble some Fritos

Add Chilli, Lots of Cheese, Sour Cream, Jalapeño  Mmmmm! :)


Declultter for 15 minutes a day as often as possible
Artistic craft of some kind with daughter
Yellow sachets for drawers/closets/gifts (by repurposing an old shower curtain)

Have a great day!

Jennifer

No comments:

We Use Coupons