Sunday, July 24, 2016

26 of 52 Weeks of Living Full!!

Hi all!

  Clearly I would have to post A LOT in the next few days to catch up and complete this series before my 52 weeks are up.  I will try to post as many as I can however, to give it a go.  I have to be honest and say that my original plan of less internet/tv at the beginning of the series has not been what I would call a very successful venture.  While I have cut back, it's not been near enough to really not just waste away so much of my free time.

  Work continues to drain me, even though in the whole scheme of things, as far as traditional jobs go I do really enjoy it 90% of the time.  I am typically pretty tired though after a long day at work and just don't have the desire to much more than the kitchen, dinner, shower and sofa plop.  I really need to find that drive and joy I once had when I didn't work full time when completing homemaking tasks.  One thing I've learned about myself is that I get more accomplished early on in the day.  When I say early, I mean super early.  Like, get up around 5am, go straight into a cleaning routine shower, then BAM!  I've completed what really needs doing before I even have to start my brick and mortar job.  Once I'm home, I can then do whatever I want without guilt.  If I have the energy to crochet,  or try a new craft, blog, or just go for the plop, I at least know that I've blessed my family, myself and my home first.

  So, this week will be about me doing my best to maintain rather than letting things pile up.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who says…"Oh, I'll just do that later."  When later finally comes you have spent a majority of your free/off time to do a major clean, when if I had just stopped for a few minutes here and there to maintain I could spend about an hour and have a super clean house!  I have to remember what I used to tell my daughter all the time….it's easier to keep a clean house clean, then to clean a dirty house!

  With that…off I go to fold the clothes that are now washed and dried rather than continuing to pull clothes out to wear one by one until the basket is empty!  ;)

Happy Maintaining!

Jennifer

No comments:

We Use Coupons