Friday, August 20, 2010

Housecleaning hangups

 Hello,
  Do any of you get overwhelmed with cleaning responsibilities?  The main area of my house is usually only minutes away from being "company worthy."  This helps tremendously!  Just by keeping the kitchen, family room, and main bathroom picked up and clean makes the house feel fresh, gives a satisfying since of accomplishment, and relieves the stress of unexpected company.

  However, by the time I do the everyday "have to's," like cleaning the kitchen after breakfast, lunch and dinner, vacuuming daily (we have two dogs, need I say more :) ), making the beds, at LEAST one load of laundry (so it doesn't pile up), and homeschooling during the week, I quickly run out of steam.  Which makes it very hard to find the energy, or desire to clean the other areas of my house that aren't high profile.


  I just wanted to share with you all a website I found called,  Flylady.  Her website gives great tips on how to get, and keep your house clean one step at a time.  Click on the Beginner Babysteps section to get you started. Now, some of these steps you may find you're already doing, but keep reading!  This website will help give you a nudge into the right direction, when you just don't know where to begin.

  You'll see that they pick weekly zones to work on, by breaking them up into small chunks each day, so that by the end of the week you have completely cleaned that particular zone from top to bottom.   By breaking it up this way, you don't put off doing something that you know is going to be a daunting task, because you approach it in small doses at a time.  This way you don't run out of steam before your finish, and then end up never completing the task.

  I just started looking at this site this week.  I've been dabbling in it so far, but plan to fully commit to it starting on Monday.  Anybody else want to "Fly" with me?  Let's get our homes sparkly clean one step at a time. :)

Happy Cleaning!
Jennifer

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I typically like to clean my house in one day so that I have it spotless - for like all of two minutes!! ;) Maybe breaking it down into zones would be a better plan; I'll have to check it out!

Hope you have a great weekend!

We Use Coupons