Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day of Relaxation and Crochet


  I just love Sundays!  Today my DD and I decided to curl up on the sofa and do a little crocheting.  We just taught ourselves how to crochet last winter, so it's still pretty small projects for us. :) We haven't crocheted all summer.  It was just too hot for us to get in the mood.  Even though it is still hot here in the southeast, the leaves are just beginning to fall, and early in the mornings you can feel a coolness in the air.

  Today I opted for a bright yellow dishcloth for my kitchen.  I couldn't wait to try it out, and forgot to take a picture first.  So, this is a picture after it's first trial run. The picture doesn't do it justice, it's very nice and bright.  (I've really got to work on my photography skills!)

  My DD decided to surprise me with a beautiful washcloth made with pinks and purples.  Already tried that one out too! :)  It feels so soft all lathered up.  I think she did a great job!

  Nothing like using something you know you made yourself!  Do you like to craft?  Feel free to share what you like to do.  I love to see what others are working on!

  I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend!

Until next time,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Jenn Erickson said...

Hi Jennifer ~ What beautiful crochet work! I am so grateful that our generation is keeping the traditional handicrafts alive! I hope, someday, to learn crochet, and am currently tackling a little bit o' embroidery with my girls. Best, Jenn/Rook No. 17

We Use Coupons