Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Are you a Flylady? Series 29 of 32 (Drink water!)

Spring has sprung! 
 Hi all,

  For those of you following this series....Welcome Back!  For those of you new here....Welcome!  If you're new, don't worry, you can read from the beginning of this series here.

If you've never heard of Flylady, you can read all about it here.  

  Well, I have to say I had a very productive day in the kitchen yesterday (for me anyway).  I made a whole weeks worth of sausage and biscuits for my husband's to go breakfasts.  They are individually wrapped two to a baggie, with all the baggies in one big freezer bag in the freezer.  All I have to do now is set one baggie out of the freezer after dinner clean up tonight, and in the morning a quick heat up in the microwave, and voila!  

  I also made the stuffed bell peppers last night. Mmmm Mmmm!  I diced some of the edges of the tops I cut off and added that along with some Italian diced tomatoes into the stuffing as well.  I had enough stuffing to fill 4 bell peppers, and still had some left for 3-4 more.  I put the left over stuffing in a container and I'm going to freeze it for a quick future meal.  Planned meals, and freezer cooking.....here I come!  Woo Hoo!  Did anybody else try this recipe, or plan to try it soon?  

  We only ate 3 of the peppers (one each), so one of us will have the left over one for dinner tonight, and I have left over tacos from the night before for the rest of us.  Easy dinner tonight. Yes!  Also, no waste, which I love.  

  Today's task is something I am just terrible about.  Drinking water.  I don't drink nearly enough water through the day.  I only tend to drink it when I get very hot, and it has to be VERY cold for me to want it.  I often realize I've gone hours without drinking anything.  I've even eaten meals without  something to drink.  With most meals, I just don't want to drink water, I prefer Diet Coke or something with carbonation.  Terrible, I know.  Many times I don't drink any water until my body is just screaming for it.  I don't even notice myself doing this until I'm just so thirsty I can't ignore it.  Weird, huh?  

  Today, I'm going to fix myself a big glass of water filled with ice.  After every task, I'm going to take a nice big drink.  Maybe that will get me in a better habit of drinking water.  Repetition has worked for everything else, so why not this?  I hope that I will be unconsciously "drinking" water, instead of "not drinking" it in no time.  Only time will tell. :) 

  Does anyone else struggle with drinking water?  What do you do to make yourself drink more?  

Hope you all have a wonderful day, and drink lots of water! :)

Jennifer

  

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Finally, a challenge I could excel at! ;)

I am a big water drinker and have been for years. As kids, we often were only offered iced tea or water with our meals, and, since I don't like tea, I always drank water. I nearly always choose it to drink, even when we eat out or visit someone else's home.

Caffeine in the afternoon or evening causes me to have difficulty going to sleep at night, so water is always a safe - and economical - choice!

We Use Coupons