Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Are you a Flylady? Series 2 of 32 (Cleaning my sink)

Hi all,
  Welcome back to day 2 of 32 my journey of beginning to fly!  If you are new, don't worry, it's not too late!  You can begin the journey here.   I hope you all are excited as I am to have fun cleaning, and have our homes in better shape than ever, without the stress!





 My journey begins with cleaning my sink! You may be thinking, huh?  Trust me!  When you get your sink not just clean, but to a beautiful shiny finish, the transformation begins.  It makes you want to keep it clean.  Even little water droplets will become a no no in your gleaming sink.  It actually does just smile at you when you walk into the kitchen to a wonderfully cleaned sink.

  Now, this isn't just your regular quick wipe down.  This is getting down into the cracks and crevices with a toothbrush (old one that is only designated for cleaning purposes of course :) ) with your favorite cleaner.  Don't forget to get the faucet and handles.  Take that toothbrush, and get the grimy, gook that collects around the bottom and back of your faucet. After you have thoroughly cleaned your sink, take some Windex and give it a quick polish.  This will make it just gleam.  Put all your cleaning items under the sink, instead of having it piled around cluttering up your hard work. Set out a clean dish cloth or towel.

  Now when I step back and take a look at my hard work......I just smile!  Are you smiling?  I know I do every time I look at mine.  It's never been so easy to keep it that way either.  I just love how it looks, and want it that way all the time.  When a dirty dish comes around...straight into the dishwasher it goes.  Instead of thinking, "Oh, I'll get to it later."  This in itself made my life easier by putting those dirty dishes into the dishwasher right away, because now I never have a huge pile by the end of the day, when I've run out of steam, and don't want to tackle a mountain of dirty dishes. (That's before I even can start dinner no less!)  I just start the dishwasher at the end of the day, so I have clean dishes to put away first thing in the morning when I go into the kitchen.  You can't put dirty dishes in a full dishwasher!  It takes just a couple of minutes.  (I usually have it done by the time the coffee is ready, and the dog is done with his business outside)  Then I'm ready for the day ahead. Ahhhh!  Does that feel good!

  So you see how this works?  Just by shining the sink, I already have started a habit that resonates to other great habits.  Did you miss it?  Wanting to keep the dishes out of that sink throughout the day, having a clean kitchen before you start dinner.  Uhuh, now I want to cook in that nice clean kitchen! :)  I'm anxious to empty that dishwasher in the morning, so it's ready and waiting. Now, I don't forget to get rid of those dirty dishes as I go while your cooking, so the task never gets to overwhelming.  I put what I can straight into the dishwasher as I go, then put the pots, pans, casserole dishes into soapy water to soak while eating. No more dishes stuck with hard food!  
  
  Be sure to stop by and tell me how good you feel if you've shined your sink.

Don't forget to stop by tomorrow to see what I'm up to in this whole transformation! :)

Happy Shining!
Jennifer

3 comments:

Michelle said...

LOL, I have my shoes ON!!! I used to do the Flylady but haven't in a few years...but, maybe I should.

Jennifer @ Just Peachy in Dixie said...

Bella Michelle,
Yes! Let's be Flybuddies! :) It'll be fun!
Jennifer

Zena Sue said...

I'm late in this series, but I'm jumping in where I am.

Thanks so much for this.

We Use Coupons