Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Are you a Flylady? Series 8 of 32 (Lay out clothes)


Hi all,

  For those of you following this series....Welcome Back!  For those of you new here....Welcome!  If you're new, don't worry, you can read from the beginning of this series here.

If you've never heard of Flylady, you can read all about it here.  

  Well,  my sink is staying shiny, and I just love it!  What a treat it is each morning to come down to a nice clean kitchen.   I have found it's easiest for me to just clean the kitchen immediately after eating.  On the couple of occasions when I sat down for a bit with the family in front of the tv, it was so much harder to muster up the desire to clean the kitchen before heading up to bed.  However, I have been able to do it, I just have to think of what I will feel like in the morning if I don't.  So far, it's worked every time!  

  Here's a recap of my list so far:




~Devotional Time
~Getting Dressed from head to toe
~Keeping my sink shiny
~Remembering to pat myself on the back everytime I check something off my list
~5 minute Hot Spots

  My newest addition will come tonight before bed.  This one, believe it or not, I think will be the hardest for me.  Laying my clothes out for tomorrow.  I know, why should that of all things be hard?  Usually, after dinner, and cleaning the kitchen, I have just run out of steam.  All I want to do is just sit with my family and enjoy something on tv, read, crochet, or something along those lines.  I don't want to do any more chores!  This is where I'm going to be tested.  

  I'm trying to no longer think of these things as chores, but more like good habits, that just come natural.  I have noticed this change in my attitude already.  I love pouring a cup of coffee, and having my devotional time first thing, then getting dressed right after that has proven to get me ready to move, and lastly, I actually enjoy the feeling of a clean sink so much that it has gotten my through the dread of doing it.  

  So, I look forward to laying out my clothes tonight for tomorrow, to make the getting dressed from head to toe even more efficient.  Before I lay them out, I will be sure to take into account what's going on the following day, and the weather.  

  We'll see how it goes!  Be sure to stop by tomorrow to see if I was able to complete the task. ;)

Have a great day!
Jennifer

P.S.  I just wanted to mention....I have been giving my daughter who is 9 yrs. old her own list as well.  She's always had to her room and toys picked up, but I have started implementing a schedule for her right along with mine.  We/she has devotional time, getting dressed first thing, helping me set/clear the table, and her own 5 minute hot spot (which is basically pick up things your done with, and put it back where it belongs).  I'm going to get her to pick out her clothes and lay them out for tomorrow as well.

  Even if your children are small, you could set a timer and make a game of picking up their toys during the hot spot time.  Even the lay out clothes could be you letting them have a choice of 2-3 outfits to pick from for tomorrow, if they are old enough to pick, if not just pick them and lay them out yourself.  

  What a great way to teach them while they're young to not think of these things as chores, but instead establishing good habits.  :)


  

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I can so identify with you! If I sit down after supper without cleaning the kitchen or finishing other chores, I have a difficult time getting my momentum going again. It sounds like you are doing a great job forming new habits!

We Use Coupons