Saturday, February 12, 2011

Are you a Flylady? Series 5 of 32 (Control Journal Begins)

Hi all,

 For those of you following this series....Welcome Back!  For those of you new here....Welcome!  If you're new, don't worry, you can read from the beginning of this series here.


If you've never heard of Flylady, you can read all about it here.  


  Today it's all about writing down what I've done so far.  This is the beginning of my Control Journal.  I don't know about you, but I do soooo much better if I have a list.  I releases me from the....what do I need to do first....freeze ups!  I just look at my list, and go for it.  I just grabbed a little spiral book that I already had on hand, half used (but that doesn't matter), and started writing down what I've done so far. 


  I've discovered it is much better to do this in pencil, seeing as I tend to think of new things, or change my mind often.  Pencil makes it much easier to adjust. :)  You know...it's kind of apropos to use pencil for this, as I'm learning to just let the mistakes go.  I'm trying not to dwell on the things I could have done better, but to just forget it, learn from it, and move on fresh.  Just like that freshly erased mistake on the paper.  Ahhh!  That feels good. :)  


  Ok, moving on...So far I have:


-Devotional Time
-Get dressed from head to toe
-Keep that sink shiny

  I just have to say here that last night, I ended up sitting down with the family, and leaving the kitchen mess, and before I knew it, it was LATE.  I almost thought, just leave it until the morning, which is what I used to do ALL the time....but then I thought of how bad I would feel to come down to a messy kitchen, and my sink would be frowning at me, which would then put a frown on my face!  So, I threw those dishes in the dishwasher, cleaned the pots and pans (easier since I had soaked them in water as soon as I had finished with them), wiped down the counter, got the coffee ready for tomorrow morning and was done lickety split!  Boy, was I grinning ear to ear this morning when I went down to a clean kitchen, knowing it almost went the other way!  Woo Hoo!

 On my list you'll see I've put devotional time first.  I find that I like to start my day with a daily devotional.  With my Bible time, and prayer, it sets me off on the right foot first thing.  I can't think of a better way to begin!

  As I go through the day I check off what I've done.  It feels so good to check off my list as I go through the day.  Those checks are like a big pat on the back for an accomplishment well done!

  I hope you all enjoy you're day today.  I know I will enjoy spending time with my family.  I hope you come back tomorrow, and don't forget to pat yourselves on the back for your accomplishments, no matter how small they may seem! :)

Take care,
Jennifer

No comments:

We Use Coupons